MC201 Media Composer Professional Editing I
Avid advises a minimum of 16 hours. This varies depending on the model chosen, online or classroom training, and also the experience and the time for the study. Contact us and we will look for your best option
Focused primarily on short-form workflows, Media Composer Professional Editing I (MC201) will take you to a new level of editing and provide you with the tips, tricks and in-depth knowledge to distinguish yourself as a true editing professional.
With the step-by-step guidance in this course, you’ll learn the skills you need to optimize your editing workflows, streamline your ingest process and manage your media so that you’ll become the guru that others will look to for expert advice. You will learn advanced picture editing techniques, how to quickly prepare for multicam editing and how to work with graphics and mattes. This course also covers compositing with the 3D Warp effect, color correction and an in-depth look at some of the wide range of audio tools and effects included in Media Composer.
You will work with media and projects designed to let you learn at your own pace, or with the guidance of an Avid Certified Instructor.
As an official part of the Avid Learning Series for Media Composer, Media Composer Professional Editing I and its counterpart Media Composer Professional Editing II provides the training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified Professional: Media Composer.
This course is designed for:
- Assistant editors
- Multimedia producers
- Completion of MC101 Media Composer Fundamentals I and MC110 Media Composer Fundamentals II or equivalent experience of 12 months of full-time editing on Media Composer
- A background as an editor, assistant editor, director or producer is strongly recommended
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Plan your editing process
- Input and manage media
- Use multicam editing
- Use advanced editing and timeline management techniques
- Work with graphics and mattes
- Multilayer and composite graphics
- Perform basic color correction techniques
- Prepare your audio mix using tools like EQ, compressors, and expanders
- Deliver a high-quality finished file